Porc à la Didier
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) of butter or olive oil
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg) of pork shoulder region, cut in cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion medium size, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of soya sauce
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) of flour
- 2 ½ cups (750 mL) of Home Goodness Organic Chicken Broth
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 mL) of rosemary
- 2 carrots medium size, peeled and sliced
- 2 onion medium size, cut into quarters
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) of brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- In an ovenproof pan, heat 1 tbsp. (15 mL) of butter (or olive oil). Add half of the pork cubes and sear on all sides for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pork and reserve and repeat step 1 with the remaining pork cubes.
- Return all the pork and add garlic, onion and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook 3 minutes over high heat.
- Top with the soy sauce, add flour and stir. Cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth; add tomato paste, bay leaf and rosemary. Bring to a boil.
- Cover pan and bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 °F (180 °C) for 1 hour.
- Twenty (20) minutes before the end of cooking, sauté the remaining butter in a skillet. Add all the vegetables and brown sugar and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the pork and mix the vegetables with the meat juices.