Onion Soup au gratin
- 2 ½ oz (75g) of butter
- 6 big yellow onions, cut in half and minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) of white wine
- 10.5 cups (2.5 liters) of Home Goodness Organic Chicken Broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of flour
- ¾ of a baguette, cut in croutons
- 6 oz (200 g) of gruyere, grated
- In a saucepan melt the butter.
- Add the minced onions and let them brown for 30 minutes while stirring.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onions and cook 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil.
- Add the Home Goodness Organic Chicken Broth et the bay leaves.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toast the croutons in the oven.
- For the soup in oven safe bowls;
- add the croutons and the cheese.
- Place in oven under broil until cheese is melted.