Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 1 broccoli (1 ½ lb / 750g)
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 mL) of paprika
- 1 medium size potato, peeled and diced
- 2 ½ cups (625 mL) of
- Home Goodness Organic chicken broth
- 1 ¾ cup (450 mL) of milk
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of fresh parsley, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove broccoli leaves and trim stem. Set aside 12 broccoli florets. Coarsely chop the remaining broccoli.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add the garlic and onion, cover and simmer for 5 minutes until soften. Add the paprika, potato, broccoli and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Puree in blender, and then return the soup to saucepan. Stir in milk, parsley and season. Reheat
- Meanwhile, blanch the broccoli florets in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes, then drain.
- Serve into 4 soup bowls and garnish with broccoli florets. Serve immediately.